runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Friday, September 19, 2008

Bed

There are days when I can hardly wake up and ask my man for an extra five minutes. I never sleep these last 5 minutes but I ask for them anyway. Sometimes I feel like I've only just lay down when it is time to wake up. There are days when spicy food for breakfast and 3 cups of coffee won't wake me up. There are days when I wish I could stay in bed forever.

We just moved our smallest child into a big bed. While I understand her desire to check out her surroundings and squirm and wiggle out of bed just to see if she can really do it, I can't figure out why she doesn't just fall asleep out of exhaustion. She has pushed back her bedtime by 2 hours just to check things out and see if playing with toys in the dark is just as much fun as playing with them in the light.

And even with the later than usual sleeptime, she is still up at the crack of dawn. Ahhh youth. As I watch mine ebb, I watch hers flow and it makes me giggle inside.

No comments: