runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Taking a Break





I had a chance to go to LA last weekend for a much needed Mommy break and to visit an old friend to celebrate her birthday. It was everything I hoped for and much more. Here is a list of the stuff I packed into a little more than 2 days:

Massage
Pedicure
Shopping
Eating out (breakfast, lunch AND dinner)
Movie
Holocaust Museum
Drinks and dessert with friends
Wii games that involved some dancing
Running
Walking dogs
Sleeping in
Watching whatever I wanted on TV
Wearing a new outfit and not spilling anything on it

It was impressive. You would think that I would be exhausted by trying to fit this much stuff into 2 short days but I'm here to tell you that I had a wonderful time. And I came home with some good swag and well rested. My girls were excited and happy to see me, I got lots of hugs and screams from the car when they saw me. I have had many "I love you's" in the last 2 days since I've been home. And it makes me realize that sometimes all a Mommy needs is 2 days in LA.

2 comments:

Tyler Reilly said...

Joy,

It was great having you. I had a lot of fun spending sometime with you and your laughs.

I started following your blog, which inspired me to start one of my own. I'm just dabbling in blogging just for now, but I can feel it getting addicting. Thank you.

runlikejoy said...

Tyler,
I want your blog address please!!!