runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Friday, February 10, 2012

Sellout

I haven't posted in a while because I've had writers block. That means I am so busy I am blocked from being able to sit down to the computer and blog. Seriously, I am so busy sometimes that I wonder if Stay-At-Home-Moms are allowed assistants. I am so busy sometimes that I don't take time to go to the bathroom and while I'm skipping home from school, I lose bladder control. I am so busy sometimes I have these great ideas to blog about and then end up blogging about skipping home and losing bladder control.

For the first time ever I contacted a company and asked them for some freebies if I endorsed their products in my blog. I know I know I know, I even blogged about the Mommy Bloggers several years ago and called them out as not being real bloggers and being product pushers and capitalism whores who bowed to brand names and gimmickry as the way to get people to read their writing. I think I even poked fun at their writing because between the giveaways and the freebies they hardly wrote anything interesting. But I did it - I bought these great Vegan boots and I loved them so much I emailed the company and told them that all 26 readers would run out and buy Vegan boots because I did and because I loved them.

Lucky for all 26 of you, they never responded so you don't have to go buy vinyl boots at 20% off, although I do have to say they are very hip and cool and far out comfortable although I have not had a chance to wear them yet because it has been 70 degrees and way too hot for boots lately in California.

What I am going to do is endorse a favorite blogger of mine and see if anyone reads it and loves it as much as I do. I am talking about the deliciousness and raunchiness of Margaret Cho, Korean American superfreak of all time. (Oh and yes she is also an actress and comedienne) Her blog can be found here: http://www.margaretcho.com/content/category/blog/ She also has pictures, great tats, shows and dates, and so much more. She is something of a potty mouth for those of you under 18 (Heidi) but I consider her that much more fabulous for it. And life is about learning and we can all use new ways to use the F word, right?

Salud!

No comments: