runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Smile


So I think that life here on this planet as we know it is short. And while that life is short, the time that we spend being truly happy is even shorter. Lets face it, between working, earning money, spending money, having kids, eating, sleeping, farting, eliminating, vacationing, paying taxes, studying, cleaning, shopping, knitting and all that other stuff, we are not always going to be happy all of the time, if we are lucky we will only be happy part of the time.

But to tell another person they cannot be happy is wrong. And to mandate that certain groups have rights when others don't is wrong. And to tell two people who are in love that they cannot have the same marriage contract that everyone else gets is wrong.

So when I logged onto Facebook this morning and saw a friend had posted this: “Proposition 8 served no purpose, and had no effect, other than to lessen the status and human dignity of gays and lesbians in California,” I have to honestly say that I almost fell off my chair. And then I smiled. And then I kept smiling all day.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

And now I am smiling too!

runlikejoy said...

awesome tat by the way