runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Make up


I rarely leave the house during the week without a little make up on. I don't wear much but I do like to wear the following:

Press Powder
Bronzer
Brow Shaper
Eye shadow
Eye liner
Mascara
Lip Liner
Lip Gloss

Sometimes I change it up and I use this eyebrow shaping pencil before I use the brow shaping brush. Sometimes I like to just use gloss and skip the lip liner. Sometimes if I'm going out and am dressed up, I will go all out and put on a little concealer to start out with before I apply the press powder. I feel like it helps me look less sloppy and more put together. I also feel like it makes me look younger.

I don't usually wear make up on the weekend. I am usually just doing stuff around the house or yard work or going to zumba class. It is too much work and after all I am just hanging out with my husband and the kids. Plus, I just have to wash it off at the end of the day so why bother?

Today I was headed over to the neighbors for a little party and their 10 year old daughter was outside and saw me going over there. She stopped me and asked, "Why did you put make up on?" I replied, "just because, why?" To which she responded, "Ohhhh, that's too bad, you look so pretty without it."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hooray for sweet kids! Does she babysit?