runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kale



In case you haven't heard already, I'm going to Mexico in July.  I am going to be supervised, that is, if my husband's passport shows up before then.  Mine is here already and it is new and ready to be used!  I can't wait. 

First, I am super excited because my friends are turning 40 and they've invited us to come and celebrate with them.  Having already turned 40 some months ago (ok, more than some) I know what is going to go down south of the border and it will be epic.  Yup, I just used the word epic. 

Secondly, we went to Mexico on our honeymoon and this June we will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and so we are taking it back to Mexico.  Much less romantic and much less quiet but lots of fun none-the-less. 

Finally, I've been on this whole foods, non processed, green leafy vegetable and kale diet which is not only supposed to be really good for me, it has resulted in the loss of a few pounds.  I'm not wearing a bikini but I will not be wearing a moo-moo so it is a win win situation for everyone including the tourists in Mexico, the Mexican locals, my friends, my husband and myself. 

The only downside is that I am growing a little tired of kale.  I need some kale recipes.  I've done the soups, I've done the smoothies, I've done the salads and I've done the casseroles and quiches. 

This is a cry for help.  Email me your recipes at runlikejoy@hotmail.com




1 comment:

Francoise Allamanche said...

How about looking there ? http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2012/11/50_things_to_do_with_kale.php
if you google kale recipes I am sure you will find what you need. Lucky you for Mexico !