runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Crazy Baby

I have all these things I want to write about.  I have even gone to making lists of things I want to write about because I get busy and forget.  This summer has been the summer of juggling, and I feel like I should join a circus.  I am juggling having a job and juggling trying to get it done and juggling make time for friends and family and juggling swimming and crafting and juggling knitting and exercising and more.

I've been wanting to write about Mexico, School starting, Fractured Families, Self Medication, Fear of Flying, Moms Night Out and and and but right now I have to write about Crazy Baby.

One of the things my husband does is he makes up the craziest games to play with the kids.  For a long time there was the game where he takes control of their hands and makes them do things like scratch their faces or konk themselves (gently) on their heads.  He made up the game Catch Foot where he lays on the ground and acts like roadkill and they run past him and he darts out with his hand and tries to catch their foot.  One of the girls bought a bow and arrows with rubber ends and he made up a game where they run past an open doorway and he shoots the arrows and tries to shoot them.  He made up a game called Squirrely where his hand is Squirrely and they make Squirrely do silly things like jump around and dance. (that first game sounds like the last game but trust me, they are two separate games)

The newest game is Crazy Baby and it involves one of Fiona's dolls.  He chases them around the house with Crazy Baby.  And Crazy Baby can hide behind doors, or under beds and it jumps out at them and tries to tackle them.  They scream in fear and run when Crazy Baby shows up and I can see why.  I told him that it is a cross between Chucky and that Allie McBeal dancing baby and that if they don't have nightmares it will be a small miracle.  Crazy Baby or Crazy Daddy?


1 comment:

Francoise Allamanche said...

When I read the title of your blog I thought you were going to talk about my baby, she is a crazy baby too! She makes monster sounds and if food does not come fast enough she screams hell. After reading the blog though, I vote for crazy daddy.