runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Blahs

The girls start back to school in a week.  I'm not looking forward to it because I have had a wonderful summer and I'm not relishing the thought of all those hours alone again.  I am going to take an evening yoga class, join a gym, take a zumba class and maybe even an aqua zumba class although the thought of doing zumba in the water makes me as excited as becoming a plumber.

House buying is totally overrated.  All that hype and excitement and in the end you just get irritated, annoyed and end up having insomnia for weeks on end.  And the whole thing can fall through at any minute.

After a month off, I've dusted off my weight loss app and strapped back on my tennies.  My waistline didn't disappear but my interest in Kale Salad did.  But I am turning 45 in November and so I have to stick with it so that I can welcome in my middle ages in a size 8 instead of a size 10 or 12. 

I've been trying to decide whether or not to have a Mommies Trip to Vegas and invite anyone and everyone to join me to celebrate.  I just found out about a friend's 40th birthday in the Dominican so it might have to be put on hold.  Too many trips makes Joy a poor girl.

And in other news I'm going to get a shrink - a North Carolina one.  I am lonely and I'm alone and I'm frequently sad and I cannot depend on myself to snap out of it on my own so I think I'll have to have some help.  It is like getting a tune up on the car only it is tuning up this old machine called Joy.  It runs great but it runs better with a little attention.


No comments: