runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Mean Reds

I am not sure why I do this but I love to rearrange the furniture.  I love it.  I love it so much that I do it all the time.  I'm sure there is some mental condition or something I'm missing, maybe I wasn't breast fed enough or maybe I was left too long at daycare or maybe I was abandoned in a shopping mall in the Hello Kitty store too long but I love to move the furniture around and around.

I love seeing what you can do with a throw rug, furniture, a hanging lamp and some pictures.  I love having Gabe and the girls come home and their expressions as if walking into a new house.  I even love the half hearted "ohhhhhhs" that come out of their mouths when they see that I've moved all the furniture around and now the house has to be navigated differently.  I am fortunate that no one in my family is blind.

I cannot be the only person who does this.  And it solves two problems, the one of liking the furniture in different places and cleaning behind it.  So I like to combine cleaning day with moving the furniture day.  When you pull it out from the wall, you are required to clean behind it.  It kills two birds with one ottoman! 

Aside from cooking and knitting it is number 3 on my list of favorite things to do when I'm feeling frantic, tired, irritated, grouchy or fat.  Or as Holly Golightly would say, when I've got the mean reds.

"The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? "





1 comment:

Whitney said...

Oh, I miss you Friend! I'm glad you have the sign on your mantel!