runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Last night we hosted a kiddie birthday party for a little lady who is turning 7 tomorrow.  She had a bunch of girls here to run around and scream and eat cake and scream more and do a craft and watch a movie and scream and run around.  In the course of 2 and a half hours there was a lot of pizza consumed, popcorn was made and eaten, beads were spilled all over the floor which Marcko tried to eat and some little fingers were smashed in a door.  But all in all it was a good party and I had a great time but even more important, the young ladies had a great time.

At one point I went to see how the movie was going - if the girls needed more drinks or popcorn and there were 3 new little girls that had arrived late.  One of them I knew and two of them I'd never seen before.  These are 6 and 7 year olds so I thought it was weird that someone had just dropped some kids off - without me really knowing who they were or what their kids names were but I guess their rationale was that it was a kiddie party, what better place for kids to go on a Saturday night than a kiddie party and since they were dropping off one kid, why not drop them all off?  And just for the record, I don't even know if these kids were related.

So at the end of the night after the 3 girls were picked up by 2 ladies that I've never seen in my whole life, I went back in the kitchen where the grownups were hanging out and I said, "who drops their kid off at a party where they don't know anyone and drops off 2 other kids that I've never seen before?" to which our new friend Dave says, "people in Chatham County do that" and I realized that he was probably right.


1 comment:

Francoise Allamanche said...

Weird and weirder, dropping off kids at a party unannounced. Not only weird but rude.