runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Monday, October 6, 2014

Soup

There are a couple of things that I do when Fall rolls around and one is that I start reading like a mad woman.  I can put away 3 or 4 books a week if I really put my mind to it.  The other thing I do is I start knitting.  And I also get a good, solid head cold.  So today I find myself at home, making minestrone for dinner, reading and knitting at the same time, sniffling and trying to listen to Diane Rehm.  If you don't know who she is, you are missing out.

I love fall in N. Carolina.  I never thought I would say that but it is beautiful here.  And it is sunny and cool and the kids can finally play outside without dying of heatstroke and I can walk without collapsing.  And the leaves are now just starting to change color and everyone has their mums on their doorsteps along with their pumpkins and Halloween decorations and thanksgiving themed windsocks.  (let me just clarify, I will never have a windsock)

And I've applied for several jobs and had a great interview and hopefully soon I'll be headed out to work.  But in the meantime I will be reading, knitting, sniffling and making great soup.




No comments: