runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Cappuccino

The Tuesday back to work after a holiday weekend is tough.  No matter if you have 3 days off or 5 days off, the Tuesday back is always a doozy.  There are more voicemail to answer, more emails to answer, more things that are pressing and need to be taken care of right away.  And even though a long weekend is wonderful, the following week feels twice as long.

I am fortunate because I only work Monday through Wednesday.  So when Monday is a holiday as it almost always is, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr Day, I don't have to work, I get a 5 day weekend instead of my usual 4 day weekend and I get paid.  Who doesn't love that?

And then today, in the midst of calls, voicemail, emails and more someone at my office bought me a cappuccino that I have been sipping on all afternoon.  It is frothy, warm and delicious.  Just the way cappuccino should be.

Happy Tuesday.


No comments: