runlikejoy

Displaced Stay At Home Californian in rural N. Carolina

The Many Faces of Joy

The Many Faces of Joy

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sickest

I haven't been in action lately, I've been out sick with pneumonia for the last 7 days which I think I got from my kid even though they say you can't catch pneumonia.  But they also said that there was no risk of getting Ebola in the US and now every time you go to the doctor they ask you if you've been around anyone with Ebola in the last 30 days.  Hmmmm

Anyhow, when you get really sick like I was, you have lots of time for other things, such as:  binge watching 9 seasons of The Office on Netflix.  There are entire eposides I faded in and out between high fevers and trips to the bathroom.  But the good news is that Jim and Pam made it and Dwight finally was promoted to manager.  Sorry for no spoiler alert.

I also got to learn my dogs habits down pat.  And while they are just dogs, they commandeer a lot of time and energy.  Lets just say that we will never have more than 2 dogs ever.

I slept a lot.  I love sleep.  But I hate fever sleep.

I had the creepiest dreams in the whole world.  And I had a lot of mental conflicts that I would wake up and wonder if I needed to solve.   But then I would fall asleep again and have some more weird dreams.

I love water!  I drank so much water and only water and it made me realize that I need to drink way more water.  I drink too much other junk, coffee, tea, soda water, when I should just be focusing on getting plenty of water.

And finally while I certainly felt like I was going to die at least 2 or 3 times, especially the time I was standing in line to check in at the doctor and the man in line in front of me was telling the receptionist about his 16 year old and how he found out she was lying to him and what he did to punish her and I thought I was going to pass out right at that moment, I am glad to tell you that I didn't.  Now bring on summer 2015.

No comments: